What we’re about
BlackLight Collective is a social enterprise dedicated to redefining the Coffs Coast as a creative industries hub. From bringing events and jobs to the region to shining a light on local creatives, we are passionate about delivering high impact and immersive experiences where art, technology and design converge.
- Shine a light – unify and connect the creative industries on the Coffs Coast
- Light a fire – ignite the region with exciting events, partnerships and commercial ventures to develop our region as a creative industries hub
- Keep it burning – create a self-sustaining model by building deep roots with the creative community and its supporters, educators, industry leaders and government.
What we are doing
We are an organisation in start-up mode, writing grants and exploring investment avenues to help us research and develop our business ventures. We’re working on an industry development program and a talent & crew agency business geared to generate work in the film and related creative industries in which the Coffs Coast region has a bright future.
What we have achieved
The co-founders have invested their time, energy and even some start-up capital to get things rolling. Join us to keep the momentum going and to share in future successes. We’ve achieved some major wins in our first 9 months…
Following a group meeting and consultation with members of the Coffs Coast Creative Industries Facebook group, we collated and wrote submissions reflecting the valid concerns of our peers to influence two significant government planning documents:
- the 2036 Regional City Action Plan (NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment) and,
- The Coffs Harbour City Council Draft Community and Cultural Facilities Plan 2021-31.
In both instances, our submissions resulted in positive changes and additions to these important planning tools that now support the needs of the creative industries on the Coffs Coast.
Working with SWIFF (Screenwave International Film Festival) we prepared a RISE grant application. If this grant comes through, say hello to jobs for creatives!
BlackLight Collective Co-Founders have extensive, multi-disciplinary, globally-acquired, locally-grounded experience. We are bound together by a mutual passion for our region and the desire to drive its transformation through inspired leadership and pragmatic partnerships